[Responded] Dual Monitor Right-Click Problem

Find a Bug in the app, site or forums? Please report it immediately so we can squash it as soon as possible.

[Responded] Dual Monitor Right-Click Problem

Postby shinyverse » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:20 am

Hi Everyone,

Very impressed with this program thus far... so I felt I should contribute something I've noticed.

This bug report relates to the right-click context menu displaying incorrectly on dual monitors. My version is 1.10.4 (stable-branch) on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit edition. Essentially the program works fine, with the exception of the following:

I have the program window open and running on my Primary (1st) monitor. When right-clicking on any of the downloads or left-hand menu options, it will display the right-click context menu on the Secondary (2nd) monitor. If you then move the program to the Second (2nd) monitor and right-click on any of the downloads or left-hand menu options again, the program will still display the right-click context menu on the Second (2nd) monitor. You can still access the functions, and while this is cosmetic, it's unusual behavior for release software to do this.

The program is newly installed and hasn't been used very long. I haven't yet tried re-installing the program to see if that fixes it but I'm going to try that now and report of it fixes it.

I hope this helps. :D
shinyverse

Re: Dual Monitor Right-Click Problem

Postby MichaelTunnell » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:52 am

This bug has been reported before but unfortunately the user stopped responding to our replies so maybe you'd be willing to help in this area.

You think it is unusual for released software to have an issue like this and most of the time you would be right, but uGet is not a "Windows Application" it is a Linux application that also works on Windows so we don't test every funtion on the Windows side, it just isn't practical to do so. The other reason is that uGet is an app developed by only two people so if it very hard to test everything for every platform.

Anyway, we think we have fixed this is the uGet 2.x Beta but we are not totally sure as neither of us use Windows as a primary system. If you wouldn't mind, please test this issue with the new beta.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/urlget/ ... p/download
MichaelTunnell
Site Admin

uGet Version: Latest Dev Build
Operating System: Linux
System Architecture: 64bit
Linux Distro: Kubuntu & Antergos

Re: [Responded] Dual Monitor Right-Click Problem

Postby shinyverse » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi Micheal,

I certainly don't mind doing some windows-based testing for you. I'm actually a QA Manager so it's in my nature to submit bug reports when I notice something is an issue.

Re-installing the software had no change to the issue, but I'll try the new beta and let you know.

Thanks. :)
shinyverse

Postby MichaelTunnell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:05 pm

have you had the chance to check the beta?
MichaelTunnell
Site Admin

Postby shinyverse » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the not responding sooner. I've downloaded the new beta (filename was: 'uget-1.99.4-win32+gtk3.zip') and tested this in the same manner. I've replicated the same bug in the same manner and the problem is still present.

Have I got the correct installation file?

Thanks.
shinyverse

Postby MichaelTunnell » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Yes, you are using the correct file. Back to the drawing board for us, I guess. :)
MichaelTunnell
Site Admin

Postby chhuang » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:07 pm

According to my experience, This should be GTK+ bug. Different GTK+ version has different result.

Try to use other GTK+ version to replace GTK+ files in uGet.
Other version : http://win32builder.gnome.org/
chhuang
Site Admin

uGet Version: 2.1.4
Linux Distro: Fedora
Windows Version: 7

Postby deadly_tr » Tue May 10, 2016 6:42 am

Problem reproduced on windows 7 64-bit. Basically uGet starts on your primary monitor indifferent of the monitor placement. Problem occurs when primary monitor is not the uppermost-leftmost monitor.

I think gtk is not creating context menu on the current display's (0,0), instead considering the leftmost-topmost monitor's (0,0) as the global (0,0).

I am not sure if this is a bug of gtk or a bug but i think this can be avoided by adding other monitors resolution to the context menu creation coordinates.

Will look for uGet context menu source for more info.
deadly_tr

uGet Version: 2.0.4
Operating System: Windows
System Architecture: x64

Postby chhuang » Wed May 11, 2016 11:30 pm

In next version, GTK+ will upgrade from 3.10.4 to 3.16.6, I think you can try it again.
There is no problem when I test uGet with GTK+ 3.16.6 and set primary monitor to right side.
chhuang
Site Admin

Postby chhuang » Thu May 19, 2016 8:42 pm

chhuang
Site Admin

Postby maitrishah » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:48 am

thanx sir i like this topic Dual Monitor Right-Click Problem free amazon gift code generator
maitrishah

uGet Version: 2.1x
Operating System: android
System Architecture: I don't know

Return to Bug Reports