aria plugin for uget

If you have comments, feedback or anything related to uGet that doesn't fit anywhere esle, then post it here.

aria plugin for uget

Postby Fireshadow_GJ4 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:28 am

I had always heard about uGet. So, I decided to give it a try. I searched forums for answers. But I couldn't find specific answer. So,
When I enable aria plugin, does uGet becomes GUI of aria and hence ditching all of uGet's native functions?

Is uGet complete in itself even if I don't enable aria plugin?

And lastly, can I instruct uGet to use different set of aria config file? When I enable aria plugin, it is reading my default configuration. I want it to use file-allocation=prealloc instead of my current file-allocation=falloc. With falloc I cannot download anything to my ntfs drive.

Even though I just started using this from yesterday, I find it quite good. So, thank you for all your hard work.
Fireshadow_GJ4

uGet Version: 1.8.2
Operating System: Linux
System Architecture: 64-bit
Linux Distro: Debian wheezy

Re: aria plugin for uget

Postby MichaelTunnell » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:27 am

When the aria2 plugin is enabled it simply replaces curl as the download engine, all features continue to work but actually more features are enabled. uGet 2.x (currently in beta) has a lot more features without aria2 plugin, it can be used still but it isn't relied on for features anymore.

Yes it is complete but features like torrenting and metalinks need aria2 plugin to work. Torrents and metalinks are not default offered features so it is complete without the plugin.

Yes, uGet supports custom aria2 settings. Edit -> Settings -> Plugin -> edit the settings of the plugin. These settings are saved in uGet so you only need to input them once and you are good to go.

You're welcome, I'm glad you are enjoying our app.
MichaelTunnell
Site Admin

uGet Version: Latest Dev Build
Operating System: Linux
System Architecture: 64bit
Linux Distro: Kubuntu & Antergos

Re: aria plugin for uget

Postby annashetty » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Your topic has a lot of useful information for myself
---------
photoshop online, cool math games run 3
annashetty